Teacher Assistant (F/T) from August 2023
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School requires a full-time Teacher Assistant to provide professional support to all teachers. The position represents an outstanding opportunity for a suitably dynamic, experienced and well-qualified professional with excellent administrative skills and fully committed to the Jeddah Prep and Grammar School ethos.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in a similar role and will possess excellent written and verbal communication, organisational and IT skills. Previous experience of working in a school. Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is a community school, founded in 1967 and licenced by the Ministry of Education. We are an accredited member of COBIS, BSME and SAIKAC. The school provides a British education in the heart of Jeddah and caters for girls and boys aged 3–18. A suitably attractive salary and benefits package will be offered commensurate with the appointed candidate’s skills and experience.
An application form can be obtained from the Jeddah Prep and Grammar School website: www.jpgs.org. Completed application forms and a short cover letter are to be provided by the applicant reflecting his/her interest in working with children.
Documents should be emailed to FAO, Mrs Zoe Woolley, Headmistress to: [email protected]
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and a police check. Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.
Thursday 1st June 2023
Teacher Assistant Job Description
Sunday to Thursday 7.30am to 3.30pm
Job Title: Teacher Assistant
We are looking for candidates who are extremely well-organised and able to cope effectively with a number of tasks at the same time in a very busy environment. The role requires someone who is an excellent communicator with a warm and open manner, who is able to represent the School effectively both internally and externally to a wide range of people.
· Getting the classroom ready for lessons.
· Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories.
· Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks.
· Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records.
· Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour.
· Supervising group activities.
· Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents.
· Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons.
· Helping with outings and sports events.
· Taking part in the training.
· Carrying out administrative tasks.
· To support pupils with particular individual needs, work one-to-one, with particular specialisms, including literacy, numeracy, special educational needs (SEN), music and creative arts.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11th June 2023 at 5.00 pm.