School Librarian (F/T) from August 2023
Jeddah Prep and Grammar seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Librarian Instruct students in selecting and using research materials and technology; plan, organize, coordinate, oversee, and provide library services in assigned school libraries; purchase and catalogue books for library collection process and circulate library books, materials, and equipment; process and shelve library materials assist students, teachers, and staff in the selection of library materials and equipment; assure that students and teachers have access to library materials for classes, assignments, and recreational reading; provide an introduction to the library and the technology within; train and provide work direction to assigned support staff and student workers.
All children, from Year 1 to Year 13, will be provided access to the school library as per their timetable.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Determine the goals and objectives of the library program and establish principles of operation.
· Plan, schedule, coordinate, oversee, and provide library services independently in accordance with a variety of programs and assignments at assigned schools, supervised by the school principals.
· Direct and train paraprofessionals and student helpers in the processing of books, technical operations, shelving, filing, library displays, and other research activities.
· Provide access to information through acquiring and organizing diverse materials selected to represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty, and formats, both traditional and electronic or multimedia. Coordinate the selection, ordering, circulation, and inventory of library/media materials; direct the processing of new books, periodicals, and technological selections for the library; complete requisitions for the purchase of books, technology, publications, equipment, and other library materials. Develop a library collection that supports the schools’ curriculum and state content standards; coordinate book orders with teaching staff to provide publications which support core curriculum. Design an accessible, efficient, and inviting facility for student learning. Maintain an adequate system of records on all library/media materials. Attend meetings and District in-services as requested. Balance and maintain budget records for the library. Process print, media, and materials for circulation. Assist students in locating and selecting desired or needed books, periodicals, pamphlets, materials, or technology support. Provide a print-rich environment supported by technological opportunities for learning.
· To carry out supervisory duties as requested
About Jeddah Prep and Grammar School
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is an ambitious and aspirational school, with a shared vision of academic excellence and personal development and challenge for all our pupils, from the ages of three to eighteen. We are a proud member of COBIS, CAIE, BSME, RSAC, LISTT, SAIKAC and the International Award (DofE).
At our School, we focus on preparing children for life. We do this through our teachers who make learning imaginative, creative, and inspiring. This motivates children to want to learn and make progress on their learning journey. Art, Music, Sport, and extracurriculars feature highly to provide every child with the opportunity to find their talents and shine.
The School was established in 1967 to serve the needs of the British and Dutch expatriate communities in Jeddah. Today, JPGS welcomes expatriate and Saudi Arabian families, with students from a wide range of nationalities, while retaining a family and community atmosphere. The School is heavily oversubscribed with waiting lists in almost all year groups. Children in the Prep School follow the Cambridge Primary Programme with Checkpoint exams taken at the end of Year 6; whilst the Grammar School prepares pupils for Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSEs and International A Levels.
The School is located in the heart of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s most cosmopolitan and diverse city, where an ultra-modern cityscape lies close to the UNESCO old city of Al-Balad, a piece of old Arabia at its best. Jeddah lies on the Red Sea coast, boasting some of the best private beaches and unspoiled scuba diving to be found in the world, and is not far from extensive areas of mountains and desert which offer endless opportunities for outdoor activities and unique cultural experiences.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button, alternatively the following documents are required.
• A full CV containing a recent photograph and details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or last employer.
• A Letter of Application of no more than two pages of A4, detailing your interest in the position and all relevant skills and attributes you wish to bring to our attention.
Please note that incomplete applications will be discarded.
Please email Mrs Manal Tayeb, Business and Operations Manager, at [email protected] for any further information.
The closing date for applications for this position is Tuesday 20th June 2023 although initial interviews via Zoom, Skype, or telephone may take place before then.
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an ACRO, ICPC police check, written and verbal references, and other background checks as required for entrance to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.