About Jeddah Prep and Grammar School
The school was established in 1967 to serve the needs of the British and Dutch expatriate communities in Jeddah. Today, JPGS welcomes expatriate and Saudi Arabian families alike, with students from a wide range of nationalities whilst retaining a family and community atmosphere. The school is heavily oversubscribed with waiting lists in almost all year groups. Children in the Prep School follow a modified version of the Cambridge Primary Programme; whilst the Grammar School prepares pupils for Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSEs and International A Levels.
The school is located in the heart of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s most cosmopolitan and diverse city, where an ultra-modern cityscape lies close to the UNESCO old city of Al-Balad, a piece of old Arabia at its best. Jeddah lies on the Red Sea coast, boasting some of the best private beaches and unspoiled scuba diving to found in the world, and is not far from extensive areas of mountains and desert which offer endless opportunities for outdoor activities and unique cultural experiences.
About the role
Head of Human Resources provides leadership for the entire scope of human resources and strategic support on a range of key issues including attracting, selecting, developing and retaining outstanding faculty, administrators and support staff.
To achieve these goals, the Head of Human Resources will review, develop and implement all human resources policies, procedures and related programs at the school. S/he will play a critical leadership role in establishing and implementing professional management practices to ensure local legal compliance, the efficient use of resources, and an enjoyable and effective working environment for all employees.
The Head of Human Resources will lead the Human Resources team and will serve as a member of the JPGS Leadership Team
JPGS is seeking a senior human resources professional who will bring to the role a balance of HR expertise and leadership skills and experience.
Specific qualifications sought include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management. Graduate level training in human resource management or a related field would be an advantage.
- 10 or more years of well-rounded human resources experience in a large, multicultural organization (150+ employees), of which at least 5 years have been in a management role. Preferable in schools.
- Experience within a proactive and progressive human resources environment where human resources is a key player in the organization.
- Experience with change management will be an advantage.
- Experience within the education sector or international schools is preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits
JPGS offers colleagues a highly competitive, tax-free salary with generous end of service benefits, The school has excellent facilities and is fully resourced throughout.
How to apply
The following documents are required.
- A full CV containing a recent photograph and details of three referees, one of whom must be your current or last employer.
- A Letter of Application of no more than two pages of A4, detailing your interest in the position and all relevant skills and attributes you wish to bring to our attention.
Both documents should be sent as attachments via email to the Headmistress PA [email protected] and the Business and Operations Manager Mrs Manal Al Tayeb, email; [email protected]. The closing date for applications for this position is 14th April 2023 although initial interviews via Zoom/Skype or telephone may take place before then.