Jeddah Prep and Grammar School is seeking two Governors to join the Governing Body, ideally with previous experience as a board member and a good background in Management and Finance from February 2024.
This is a voluntary position with an expected term length until the end of January 2025. The Governors must attend two full board meetings in person, with additional support for one other relevant sub-committee (Finance and Education) around once a term.
The role of Governors is to support the school to run as effectively as possible, working alongside the Headteacher and other senior staff members to provide an excellent education to the children who attend Jeddah Prep and Grammar School. More specifically, the Governors help to make and challenge strategic decisions.
There are currently 3 serving Governors with a range of skills and expertise in Finance, Safeguarding and Education. We welcome Governors with a range of backgrounds and professional experience.
Governors are expected to uphold the school’s ethos, aims and values, and maintain a positive image of its objectives.
Governors are also expected to meet all rules, expectations and regulations set by the Ministry of Education through the Organizational rules for the boards of governors of foreign communities’ schools.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm about education and the welfare of children and young people.
- Strategic leadership skills, preferably with board-level governance experience.
- An understanding of the need for a clear vision, strategy, plans, motivation, governance, and controls.
- An understanding of the importance of promoting diversity, equality and inclusion
- The desire to share skills and expertise.
- The desire to contribute to the ongoing development of an ever-improving school with strong values and ethos.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of engagement, equality, diversity and teamwork as well as to be effective in an ambassadorial role.
- Holder of British or Dutch Nationality, valid Iqama sponsored by a sponsor(company).
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, forward a completed Governor application form Governor Application for Employment and a cover letter addressed to The Board of Governors, outlining why you feel that your skills and experience would equip you to take on this role, by email to: [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a suitable time for a visit to the school and a meeting with the Board of Governors following the application deadline no later than Wednesday 31st January 2024.
If you have any queries about the role or would like to discuss it in more detail, please contact Mrs Manal Al Tayeb, Clerk to the Governors, by email: [email protected]